Contribute to Sweble Wikitext Components
We welcome contributions to the Sweble Wikitext project!
Please get in touch with us if you would like to submit a patch and read the sections on our licenses and the contributor agreement we require.
See our licenses page for component specific details.
- For source code: Apache License 2.0 or AGPL v3.
- For all other texts and artifacts: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0
- For all artifacts: SUN Contributor Agreement
The projects developed by the Open Source Research Group at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg are intended to be
Open Source and Sustainable.
However, there are threats to these goals:
- A contributor withdraws permission post facto.
- The project needs to change license at a later point.
- A patent infringement lawsuit is filed against project users.
Our answer to these threats is the use of a Contributor License Agreement which
- ensures the use of an Open Source License,
- allows for Later License Change and
- provides a Full Patent Grant.
If you want to make a contribution please download the Contributor Agreement used by the OSR Group, complete and sign the form, then scan and email a pdf file to email@example.com. You may also send the signed form by facsimile to the OSR Group at +49 9131 85 20321.
Contributor Agreement FAQ
The answers in the FAQ section are not authoritative. Only the wording of our Contributor Agreement applies.
- F: Do I loose any rights?
A: No, you’re granting us some of your rights, but that doesn’t take away these rights from you.
- F: Is this common practice?
A: Yes, practically all foundations (Apache, Eclipse, FSF, …) but also companies involved with Open Source (IBM, Red Hat, MySQL, …) require Contributor Agreements.