License-Compliant Delivery Seminar
One-day seminar on license-compliant delivery of products that contain open source software
Product vendors that include open source software in their products need to fulfill the obligations put upon them by the licenses of the open source code they are using. Otherwise, an immediate sales and distribution stop could be enforced.
One-page flyer in English oder auf Deutsch. In both cases, the seminar will be held by Prof. Dr. Dirk Riehle. Please see our course date announcements for upcoming seminar instances and to register for them.
This one-day seminar provides a comprehensive introduction to license-compliant delivery of products that contain open source software. It provides an integrative perspective that shows how the legal counsel, the engineering department, and the person or office tasked with managing open source work together best. It is therefore suitable for all main stakeholders.
- Open source program officers
- Legal counsel
- Engineering managers
- Architects and developers
This full-day seminar (9am-5pm) consists of four sessions and includes coffee breaks and lunch.
There are five main units in this seminar, listed below.
1. Open Source Licenses
- Intellectual property and licenses
- Free and open source software licenses
- Example licenses, types of licenses
- Copyleft obligation, code coupling
2. Software Product Risks
- License compliance
- Copyright risks
- Patent risks
3. Third-Party Code
- The license compliance workflow
- Software complexity
- Types of third-party code
- Sources of third-party code
4. The Bill-of-Materials
- License and copyright text scanning
- Source and binary code scanning
- Dependency analysis
5. License-Compliant Distribution
- Standard license interpretation
- Creation of license compliance artifacts
- Bundling of license compliance artifacts
- Organization and presentation of bundle
Please see our course date announcements for upcoming seminar instances and to register for them.