The Open Source Business (OSB) Seminar
One-day seminar on understanding open source and developing your corporate strategy
The majority of software in an organization is open-source software. Learn how open source affects your business and develop an open source strategy for your organization!
In this full-day seminar, you will learn everything you need to know about open-source software in business. Aimed at both business and engineering decision makers, and based on the concept of the software supply chain, it explains how open source software works, the impact it has on your business, and how to develop an open source strategy for your organization.
- Business and engineering leaders
- Open source program officers
- Legal counsel
- Architects, developers
Structure and content
Below, please finde the an overview of the seminar content. A more detailed explanation of the seminar content is available upon request.
A. Open-source software
- Open-source software
- The software supply chain
- Compliance and security
B. The software supply chain
- Community open source software projects
- Software supply chain economics
- Open source foundations and consortia
C. Commercial open source
- Commercial open source business models
- The new proprietary open source
- Intellectual property strategies
D. Open source strategy
- The open source program office
- Open source risk management
- The corporate open source strategy
Please get in touch with Prof. Riehle to schedule your firm-internal seminar!