Job Offer for China-Minded Graduates: Robotics Software Engineering in Shenzhen
One of our international industry contacts writes to us:
Dorabot is looking for Robotics Software Engineers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and start building the future! Read on to learn more, and view all our available positions at dorabot.com/careers.
Dorabot develops AI-powered robotic solutions for market-leading logistics and e-commerce companies. Backed by some of China’s most prominent tech magnates, we’re a tight-knit team of visionaries that live and breathe robotics. Unique among early-stage Chinese startups, Dorabot employs engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and we’re united by our boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
Our systems pick, place, and transport items of various shapes and sizes using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning, navigation, and SLAM technologies. We research robotic manipulation, mobility, and vision with the ultimate goal of building robots that can do anything from housework to complex industrial tasks.
- Work on robot arms, mobile robots, mobile manipulators, and grippers.
- Integrate libraries and other software that allow robots to autonomously perceive their environment, navigate surroundings, and manipulate objects.
- Implement algorithms for autonomous operation.
- Make fleets of robots think and act faster using network communication, cloud computing, parallel computing with multiple threads/CPUs/GPUs, and AVX.
- Build tools to monitor, maintain, and deploy software for fleets of 100+ robots.
- Apply cutting-edge robotics technology to build amazing products.
- Passionate about robots.
- Robotics, computer science, or a related background.
- Very skilled with C++.
- Strong software engineering skills; can follow the required coding styles.
- Able to turn academic ideas into robust programs.
- Experience working with Linux and Git.
- Experience with multi-core architectures/speeding up algorithms with parallelization.
- Experience in creating efficient computational code that scales to multiple applications.
- Experience with ROS or other robot software platforms.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Strong background in any of the following areas:
- machine learning
- computer vision
- autonomous navigation
- motion planning
- robotic manipulation
- computational geometry
- operations research
- Familiar with scripting languages like Python.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and company equity based on experience and personal contributions
- An amazing opportunity to experience life in Shenzhen, widely known as China’s Silicon Valley. Shenzhen has the best air quality of any major city in China!
- Free Chinese lessons
- Free lunches
- International workplace where English is our working language
- On-site company gym
- Plenty of resources to purchase all kinds of equipment for research and development
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Visit Dorabot.com to see our tech in action and view additional openings.
More About Dorabot
Hao Zhang (CTO & Founder) – A self-described “robomancer”, Hao has been building robots for over a decade, and he is well known in American and Chinese maker communities. Hao is currently a PHD candidate at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and he was listed in Forbes China’s 30 Under 30 in 2017.
Spencer Deng (CEO & Co-founder) – Prior to joining Dorabot, Spencer worked in logistics and finance, holding senior positions at UPS and J.P. Morgan. He’s also been trading stocks since he was 12 years old. Spencer was listed in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for China in 2017 and Asia in 2018.
Chong Loo (CCO) – Loo is former UPS senior executive with over 30 years of experience in logistics management. Loo brings to Dorabot extensive knowledge of express delivery systems, financial planning, and business intelligence.